You will prepare a five- to six-slide PowerPoint presentation that describes the progression of your Capsim company during Competitive Rounds 1 through 3. Your audience consists of new topic members for your company’s topic of directors, and the presentation is intended to quickly bring them up to speed.
In referring to Foundation FastTrack, describe the progression of your Capsim company during Competitive Rounds 1 through 3 relative to the following:
- Your Product
Pay particular attention to the sections on the low-tech segment, high-tech segment, and perceptual map.
- Where is your product positioned? (Low-tech? High-tech?)
- Does your product fit the consumers’ desires for the product segment?
- How did the release data of your product impact its performance?
- Production Analysis
Pay particular attention to the sections on R&D, capacity, and funding your plant improvements.
- What is your production schedule?
- How did capacity for your product(s) change over the years?
- How did automation change over the years? What impact did it have on your organization?
- Did you discontinue a product?
- Market Segmentation
Pay particular attention to the sections on market segmentation, pricing, the low-tech segment, the high-tech segment, and the contribution margin.
- What is the price of your product?
- What was your promotional budget?
- What was your sales budget?
- What was the sales forecast for each product?
- What were the accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P) implications of the decisions?
- Financial Performance
- How did you pay for your R&D expenses?
- How did you pay for marketing expenses?
- How did you fund your production activities?
- Did you buy back stock?
v. Did you retire bonds?
- Did you take an emergency loan?
- Did you pay dividends?
- What is your cash percentage?