1. Who is the author? Find out what else he or she has written, his or her education and what makes them someone worth quoting.
2. What is the author’s stance? Is he or she arguing for a specific point of view, reporting on research or in anyway biased? How can you tell?
3. What can you tell me about the magazine/journal/website where this article was published? What is its mission? What other kinds of things to they publish?
4. Summarize the article in your own words.
5. Include one quote from the article that you think is relevant to your own research project and explain it.